Being part of the 50th celebrations of National Star college

Hello,

On Wednesday 10th May marked the 50th birthday of National Star College -a college that allows students to reach their fullest abilities despite their disabilities and I'm intact very proud to say  i'm a student here and living a magical experience.

Leading up to the birthday, we did lots of research to find out what the college was like back in the late 60s through to now and it was fascinating to see how the college had changed throughout the years. It was lovely to see how far the college has came throughout the years and how it has changed lives for many, many students.

It was the most amazing afternoon, it started off with a lovely BBQ at lunchtime which led onto a huge party with a band, also some very lucky students got a chance to ride on a air ballon (I think this was the best part of the day!) We partied all afternoon and made lots of special memories i'm sure will live in people minds forever!

To be part of the 50 years made me feel special and lucky that we have such an wonderful college that supports students in every way possible to allow them to achieve their goals and make them feel independent and special in their own special unique way.  It is down to incredible support and services we have here at NSC to allow students to be proud of themselves and their achievements. I must admit I'm only in my first year however the college and the fabulous staff has made me feel like a new woman as I feel so independent and motivated to do well and achieve everything I want in life, and I think that most of the students here now and past would feel.

I hope you enjoyed my blog. Thank you for reading.

Abbie
xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Over Yourself ... We're Only Disabled! Part 1

A Year Of Adaptive CrossFit

Growing Up With Cerebral Palsy